Password reset form
Reset a password.
When to use the password reset form template
- Any time your site requires passwords for sign-in. To offer a way to easily reset a password any time users are able to sign in to your site.
- Users forget passwords. If users need a password to access your site, they will forget that password and need a way to reset it.
- Be clear about password requirements. State any password requirements (for example, “Must include one capital letter”) up front. Don’t leave users guessing about password requirements, only to hit them with an error message later.
- More about passwords. For more guidance on password requirements, see NIST’s Appendix A—Strength of Memorized Secrets.
- As you customize this form template, make sure it continues to follow the accessibility guidelines for form templates and the accessibility guidelines for form controls.
Using the password reset form template
- For guidance on the technical details of validation, see the validation component documentation.